Thursday, August 12, 2010

My DZRM Experienced

What a great and overwhelming experienced here in Philippine Broadcasting Service as we stayed almost one month for On-the-Job Training at DZRM 1278 Radyo Magasin with the supervision of our beloved supervisor Mr. Rey Sampang.
As I remember July 14 was orientation day and I am so excited about it, because finally I’m going to start for it. Sir Rodney assigned us to the respective stations. I remember when he asked among us who would want to work for DZRM. The scheduled was so early. Honestly without an idea about DZRM, I raised my hand and volunteered for it. It’s nice that my classmates were with me, and then Sir Rodney turnover us to Mr. Rey Sampang I was really nervous because he looks like a so strict man. But as he introduced himself and told us everything that we may do like, news writing, announcing, radio plug, radio documentary etc. I am so excited and challenge even though at some point I’m quite nervous of what is going to happen in the following days of my OJT.

The first day of our OJT was really shocking. We did not know that on the first day we would experience to be on air. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. It was an overwhelming experienced and a great opportunity indeed. As days go by somewhere we are getting used in what we are doing in DZRM. Good thing that Sir Rey really make us feel, we are a part of the DZRM family. He made our voice somehow speak out to the public as he asks about certain issues in our country and get our opinion about it. We also did a radio plug and a DZRM Jingle. We also experienced to interview different people outside about certain topics. It is also a great opportunity for us as we contact different government officials to be interviewed by Sir Rey during the program. It feels good and a fulfillment when we made it.
Talking about Mr. Rey Sampang, I can say that he is such a wonderful and a great person I’ve ever known. The man, who let us see, experienced and knew somehow the reality in media industry. He is such an inspiration that’s why I came into a realization that, “I want to serve the public by working with this agency”. I am so thankful and lucky that I was on his supervision. He thought us many things and never made us feel that we are just a trainee.
He impart us knowledge, wisdom and dedication in this field of work. He made me realized what would I want to be and that was, serving the public in the best way I could. From the bottom of my heart thank you so much Sir for being my mentor. Not only that thanks for being a friend and somehow a second father in me and an inspiration in the career that I have chosen.

I love DZRM, and the people behind it. They were so easy to work with and so kind with us. I have no dull moments with them. At the end of the day, despite of a very tiring day I go home with a smile on my face and very thankful with God that we are so blessed for giving them as our mentors in this On-the-Job Training. Honestly I don’t want to leave them. I never imagine that this would be the outcome of my OJT experienced. I will missed the laughter that we shared, the joy being with Sir Danny, Sir Ely, Ma’am Lena, Ma’am Ted, Ma’am Marinela and of course Sir Rey and the things that they have thought us.

I am also proud when we perform the DZRM jingle with the Honorable Director, Mr. John S. Manalili and told us to record it after. We want to be a volunteer in this agency and we are patiently waiting for his approval. I am so thankful with all the people that I work with in this agency. I hope that God would give all of you more strength and power for the job that you have. It has been a great opportunity working with them during the time of my On-the-Job Training. I’m going to miss all of you. In my deepest gratitude, thank you so much. Go for the gold and break a leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment